Social media has become an integral part of our blogging and marketing efforts. The search engines, particularly Google want us to be interactive on Facebook, Google + and others. How well we interact seems to affect our ranking.
Each of the social media has certain rules on setting up our profiles and pages. These rules also apply to sizes of the images, including height and width. And, the rules differ. Hence image size for Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkeIn, Youtube, Pinterest is unique to each of them. The sizes are hard to remember and worst of all they have a “habit” of changing periodically.
The designers at Tent Social came to our rescue when they recently created an amazing infographic that summarizes all of the image requirements for some of the main social media, including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube and Pinterest.
Even since this infographic was created some sizes have already changed. The quick reference below gives you updated sizes.
Social Media Image Sizes – Quick Reference
Facebook Image Sizes
- Facebook Cover photo: 851 x 315
- Facebook Profile photo: 180 x 180
Twitter Image Sizes
- Twitter Header image: 520 x 260
- Twitter Profile image: 81 x 81
Google+ Image Sizes (updated)
- Google+ Cover photo: 2120 x 1192
- Google+ Profile photo: 270 x 270
LinkedIN Image Sizes
- LinkedIN Cover photo: 646 x 220
- LinkedIN Profile photo: 100 x 60
Pinterest Image Sizes
- Pinterest Profile Photo: 160 x 165
Instagram Image Sizes
- Instagram Profile Photo: 110 x 110
YouTube Image Sizes (updated)
- YouTube Cover Art: 2560 x 1440
- YouTube Cover Art Safe Area: 1546 x 423
Source: Jeff Berezny
Hope the information was helpful and you enjoyed the graphic. Setting up your images on Facebook, Twitter and other social media should be a snap now. I’d love to hear what you think about this graphic. Please leave a comment below.