The Pre-installation Basics segment of “How To Start A Blog” guide is a very important section, especially if you are new to blogging. Please make sure to read it.
It will make it easier for you to follow How To Start A Blog training, if you understand some of the basic principles that go hand in hand with starting a blog. The Pre-Instalation Basic sections makes sure that you will gain the understanding you will need.
Here, I will explain the “behind the scenes” terminology and concepts you first need to understand before you delve into the actual blog installation and configuration. I’ll discuss:
- How to choose the best platform for your blog
- The difference between a “self-hosted” and “hosted” WordPress blog and explain the definitive advantages of setting up a “self-hosted” WordPress blog. How to start a blog training is for the self-hosted WordPress blog. As a serious blogger, you will have to set up a self-hosted blog. There are no two ways about it!
- How to select the best and easiest to use hosting provider
- What is cPanel, the most user friendly control panel
- How to find and register a domain name specific for your blog
- How to “point” or “direct” your domain name to your hosting provider You’ll have to do this if you registered your domain name (bought it) at a registrar different than your web hosting provider.
- What is email forwarding and how to set it up
After the Pre-Installation Basics, we’ll jump right into the meat of How To Start A Blog Guide and install your blog on WordPress, configure it, pretty it up and publish your first post.
Next Tutorial: Choosing Best Blogging Platform For Your Blog