Internet marketing is an important strategy for any business, large and small. Some businesses are strictly online businesses, with sales coming only from the Internet. Today a vast majority of people are looking for products and information only online. But despite of this trend, many Internet marketers will not succeed online. Only a small minority will. Today I will share with you 10 critical Internet marketing success keys for beginners. If you follow the recommendations, success will come.
Note: The suggestions offered here are for people who are beginners and specifically bloggers trying to build their own online business. If you have mega bucks, you can hire a company to do Internet marketing for your blog. But I am not talking about outsourcing on a large scale here! I am talking about YOU building your own business with your blog.
10. Critical Steps For Internet Marketing Success
1. Don’t expect a magic bullet! There are no magic bullets, magic buttons or any magic at all. As you enter the Internet marketing (IM) shark pool you will be inundated with offers to magically buildup your blog business and help you market. There simply is no such thing! If you come across a “magic button” offer, don’t waste your money! Run the other way!
The magic bullet for the success of your online business is your plan, the structure of your business and consistent, regular actions you take.
Don’t not chase “new opportunities” and fads/trends. Stop chasing the shiny objects. If you do that, chances are that you will have too many projects on the go, none completed, and you will not make any money. You will only get overwhelmed, overspent and burnt out.
2. Internet marketing is not saturated and it is simple to set up! There are more opportunities in IM now than there were ever before. Many people wrongly assume that Internet marketing is saturated and that to generate income online is the thing of the past. On the contrary, lot of changes have taken place over the years. There are technical advances that allow for a very simple way to set up a blog. Anyone can do it. Creating a website fro your business is amazingly simple and with the platforms such as WordPress, it is a child’s play.
You need to build your own online business presence first. Spend a chunk of time initially concentrating on building you website or a blog, driving traffic to your blog and accumulating subscribers to your list (see below).
3. Take advantage of new and people friendly opportunities! The number of online shoppers worldwide continues to increase dramatically. Many of the people utilize social media. As a result social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, Youtube, and Instagram are hugely impacting the online world giving Internet marketers many more opportunities. This is a great time to enter the market! Make sure to at least set up a Facebook page.
4. There is no such thing as “The Big Secret”! Many, so called “gurus” promote “The Big Secret” that helped them succeed online. Internet marketing beginners often fall prey to such calls, only to find out that there is no such thing as a big secret.
But as an Internet marketing beginner, with little online experience, it is easy to fall for such tactics. Just by watching the sales video or reading the sales page it is difficult to say what you are getting on the inside. They all sound so honest, promising and enticing. Through my own experience, most of it is regurgitated information, often junk. Rarely will you find the golden nugget you are looking for. Most of what you need to know you can find on a good forum.
5. Get a Mentor. Without a question, if you are a beginner you need to get a mentor. There is just way too much information that eventually will completely overwhelm you. I finally got a mentor after a long time of trying to reinvent the wheel on my own (without much success, I might add). You will need to find one who is trustworthy and has a good reputation.
The one mentor that finally helped me succeed is Dean Holland. I am still part of his group. So if you want to follow in my footsteps, I highly recommend him. Here is a link to a post that talks about my experience with Dean as my mentor.
6. Model your mentor. You are not here to reinvent the wheel. You are here to follow standard procedures that lead to success. True enough, as you get more advanced, perhaps you will also come up with new ideas of your own, that will enhance your success even further. But at the beginning you need to follow a mentor, copy the methods and techniques that brought him/her success. It is going to save you a lot of money, time and frustration. Believe me, I know what I am talking about!
7. Understand that Internet marketers promote products for favors rather than for value! You likely did not know that many marketers will promote products to support their friends. Sometimes the products may be of no value and relevance at all. If you see that happening, remove yourself from the list because obviously the person you trusted does not care about your online experience.
At the same time, if you ever buy a product that turns out to be junk, remove yourself from the list of the marketer who promoted it. Obviously the marketer did not even test the product and he or she does not have your interest in mind, only his own! You certainly don’t need that! This marketer is not trustworthy.
8. Build a list of subscribers! You’ve heard it over and over again but it’s true… Money Is In The List!
It is highly unlikely that you will succeed if you don’t have a list of subscribers. A nurtured list of subscribers (it does not have to be a huge list) is a goldmine for your success. I cannot stress it well enough. Having a list is really an income on autopilot. You can learn here how to build a list.
9. Over deliver to your subscribers. As I said above as an Internet marketer you will have to build a list. Your list is your golden ticket to success. But you need to remember that your your customers are people just like you, seeking your help. It is your responsibility to help them, to give them great value, and your support. If you are helpful, honest and genuine you will gain your customers’ respect and trust and your business will flourish. If you are not, your customers will leave and your business will fail. Always remember that first and foremost your subscribers are people just like you and not only your ticket to riches.
10. Don’t quit! Success is never quitting but doing everything it takes. Always remember the four quotes below; allow them to become your success mantras.
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success” ~Dale Carnegie
- “Failure is success if we learn from it” ~Malcolm Forbes
- “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed” ~Abraham Lincoln
- “Winners never quit and Quitters never win” ~Vince Lombardi
I have learned much over the years I have been working online. I’ve made many mistakes and I also had and continue to have many successes. I only have one regret, namely that I stubbornly refused to get a mentor, believing that I could learn it all on my own.
Had I met my mentor and followed these 10 critical Internet marketing success keys at the beginning of my Internet marketing journey, my road to success would have been much less bumpy. But we learn from our mistakes, that is what success is all about. Have you made some of these mistakes? What steps did you take to overcome them. Share your story with us.
Sometimes, even when we have a mentor, our brains play trick on us. Recently I reviewed an awesome tool that helps you learn how the brains of the wealthy work. If you want to succeed online, you need to begin to think as the wealthy and successful marketers think and act. The resource below, The Millionaire’s Brain, is something you should consider for your wealth formula arsenal.