I have created a video about how to add a zip file to your website for downloading. In this post, in addition to the video, I will give you a step by step written demo of the process of adding a zip file to your blog through the file manager.
When you want to create a clickable zip file link that your blog readers or customers need to click on in order to open a file, such as an ebook or another PDF file, you have to attach the file to your blog. When you attach this file to your website you will be creating a clickable link, very much like any other post or a page on your blog. This clickable link will take your client to the product you want them to download.
Creating this clickable zip file link is done through your web host cpanel (control panel) and specifically through the file manager of your control panel.
First I’ll show you the video and underneath the video I will provide you with a narrative (with images) of the process.
Video: How To Add / Attach A Zip File To A Website For Downloading
How To Add a Zip File To Your Blog For Downloading
1. Access Your File Manager In the cPanel
Image 1. In cPanl Locate File Manager
2. Click on the “File Manager icon” and select the domain where you want to add the zip file. Click “Go” to open up your File Manager
Image 2. Select Domain To Add a Zip File
3. In the File Manager, click “Upload”. This will open a new window.
Image 3. Upload Icon
4. Click “Browse” to find the zip file you want to upload. Once you’ll find the file in your computer, click on the icon of your file. Then click Open or Save (which ever option your computer gives you) and your file will be automatically uploaded to your File Manager
Image 4. Locate The File To Upload It
5. In the File Manager locate the uploaded file to make sure that it was uploaded.
Image 5. Locate Uploaded File
6. Make a note of the zip file “name”. In this demo, the zip file designation is:
The URL of your uploaded zip file will be: http://yourdomain.com/your-uploaded-zip-file.zip
In the demo case the URL of the zip file is:
Now you can test your clickable zip file link in your browser. Just copy the link of the file and drop it in the address bar. Your file should be available for download.
Make sure that the URL of the zipped file ends with .zip when you are adding the URL into your address bar.
As you can see, to add a zip file to your website or a blog is pretty simple. I hope you enjoyed the video and the post. Please make sure to leave a comment and click the “Like” and Plus. I really appreciate that.