Like most bloggers and online entrepreneurs, you probably often find yourself wishing for more hours in the day. Unless you have access to a time machine however, you simply will have to make do with the same hours that everyone else has to work with. But take heart: there is a way to maximize your blogging time and still get the results you want. In this post I’ll share 10 tips for time efficient blogging
Blogging Tips To Save Time Writing On Your Blog
1. Draft out your ideas as soon as possible. Don’t spend too much time refining your ideas and finishing them up. By getting them down to your blog draft as quickly as possible, you will see the framework in which you have to work early on. It might also speed things up if you have some semblance of structure rather than a hodge-podge of ideas floating around.
2. Try to come up with a good headline right from the start. This will help you maintain focus and keep your original idea in mind. If you wait too long, you might lose track of your idea altogether.
3. Figure out what time of day you tend to work your best and setup your schedule around that time. Blogging is as much about consistency as anything else and you will find it easier to get things started if you start at the same time everyday. You should also make it clear to everyone in the household that your working time is important and that you need as few distractions as possible.
4. Break up your work into more manageable tasks. For example, you might want to devote the first few hours to idea generation, the next to outlining, the next in drafting, and so on. By doing so, you can avoid being overwhelmed with having to do everything all at once.
5. Formulate a cohesive content plan that addresses your specific goals. It is way too easy to get lost once you are in the thick of things. By having a clear plant of action, you will be better able to focus on the task at hand.
6. Come up with a social media strategy. There are far too many social media networks out there; way more than you can reasonably utilize. By focusing your efforts on those that will really benefit your goals, you will avoid wasting time and effort on networks that won’t ultimately be of value to you.
7. Stick to your plan of action and resist going off on a tangent. You can easily lose a few hours catching up on email or browsing the web, so always strive to maintain focus.
8. Make room for some downtime. At some point, all the time you spend online will start to have diminishing returns. Don’t be afraid to disconnect yourself from time to time. This will help you come back to your work with a fresh perspective and more drive.
9. Set small goals for yourself every day. Decide on what you have to accomplish today and get it done. This will ensure that you keep moving forward and prevent the inevitable last minute cramming.
10. Outline your posts in advance. Even if you don’t have time to finish a whole article at the moment, outlining it will make it easier for you to get it done when you do have time to sit on it.
Eric Pangburn has been guest blogging well over 2 years. He has been a freelance writer for well over 7 years. You can hire him for freelance writing anytime. And to learn more about growing your business through content marketing check out his blog over at snitchim.com.